Provide safety leadership to management and employees to include OSHA standards and compliance strategies, DOT Compliance Requirements and Client's policies and standards. Performs tasks in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's EH&S standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements. Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community. Assists in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area. Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the workplace. Participates in recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential. Ensures HSE excellence through training, involvement in behavior-based programs, auditing of management and safety systems, gathering and trending leading and trailing indicators, and participation in the incident investigation & reporting processes. Be a functional expert in most health, safety, and environmental disciplines. Provides guidance, regulatory interpretation, and assists with procedure development for a variety of HSE issues. Typically requires 3-5 years of experience. Intermediate level. Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support. General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department. Performs routine tasks. Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.
This position will support the Western North Slope Capital Projects organization, by providing safety oversight for all workers at the jobsite. Work location will be at the Alpine Camp or other remote camp as assigned, typical work shifts are either 2 x 2 or 3 x 3, or longer. This position reports to the ConocoPhillips Capital Projects HSE Supervisor.
• Will serve as a technical resource by providing guidance and assistance to ensure compliance HSE requirements
• Identify HSE risks and offer mitigation strategies to the team. Assess field activities by conducting onsite audits and inspections to ensure HSE compliance
• Support construction activities with Construction Management Group and contractors through active engagement in field activities
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• Five or more years of Construction HSE experience
• Unescorted NSTC Certification
• Valid Driver’s License
• 3+ years of experience in oil & gas HSE experience
• Exceptional leadership, organizational and problem solving skills
• Professional working experience in and understanding of construction safety regulations and their applicability to upstream oil and gas operations
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive relations with HSE, team members and internal business partners
• Organizational abilities, especially the ability to work many short and long term issues or projects concurrently
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
• OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety and Health
• CPR/AED/ First Aid
• Hazardous waste operations – 40 hour with current refresher training
• Experience working with third-party contractors to safely achieve business goals
• Strong communication skills essential
• Practical self-starter who can work effectively with minimal supervision
• Meet commitments and deliver project results
• Lead and influence others
• Use communications and interpersonal skills to align people and motivate to achieve goals
• Promptly identify, surface, and facilitate resolution of conflicts between project stakeholder HSE
(Note specific training requirements): Unescorted NSTC training and CPAI required training
• Identify safety risks, issues and mitigation strategies
• Monitor contractor compliance with contractors' policies, regulatory and CPAI safety expectations
• Perform construction hazard evaluations around oil and gas facilities
• Review contractor JSA's, participate in toolbox and safety meetings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.