Senior Rigid Riser Design
For an EPC Company, we are looking for a Senior Rigid Riser Design
Senior Rigid Riser Design
Suresnes Paris area
Duration : 6 Months renewable
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Rigid Riser Design Senior Eng:
In charge of Tenders or Project execution, with support of a team made either of internal Project engineers or sub-contracted to engineering supplier, the expected tasks to be covered are the following under the responsibility of the Tender technical manager, on top of skill development of allocated resources:
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize own and others’ workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, SCM, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- MSc or PhD in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics, you have a minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, ideally with in place / installation analyses of riser systems (rigid, flexible or umbilical).
- You are proficient in FEA modelling and you know well OrcaFlex software.
- Your English is fluent
ROLE & CAPABILITIES:
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API 17J, DnV OSF201, API RP 2STD, 2RD); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Develop design brief and basis, and perform the in place design analysis with OrcaFlex / Develop the documentation package and the studies linked to the sizing and analysis of the dynamic riser system
- Be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
- Ensure progress and compliance of the supplier in close interface with SCM function
- Ideally, perform OrcaFlex installation analyses for rigid risers as well as deployment of structures
- Support Operational weather standby activities with in house tool to support tender
- Ensure that QA/QC process is well followed
- Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline.
Attend to discipline meeting as required.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.