Lead SCM Engineer
Our client is an EPC Company.
We are looking for a Lead SCM Engineer .
12 months renewable
The Lead SCM Specialist is responsible for the operational implementation of one or more elements of the SCM strategy to their defined business area. They will be responsible for developing and implementing their own, local plans and ongoing improvements to support the global SCM aims and to contribute to a highly efficient, cost driven Supply Chain function.
In a project, the SCM Lead will be the owner of a complex subcontract or PO by managing all aspect of the contract and coordinating all engineering issues related to the product to deliver, in line with the project SCM strategy.
· Ensure compliance with all Supply Chain policies, process and procedures
· Proactively contribute to the project definition of SCM strategies and goals and the achievement of these
· Ensure highly effective implementation of the sourcing strategy for the assigned business area via business partnering initiatives, knowledge and expertise
· Manage the process and stake holders relevant to the specific role, including internal challenges and support to client negotiation.
· Accountable from the issuance of the RFQ, the selection, management and monitoring of suppliers, up to the product or service delivery to the end user.
· Coordinate and/or perform commercial and contractual analysis, schedule evaluation of bids, and incorporate technical evaluation from Engineering, QA, QC & HSE. Finalise the bid summary and make recommendations to the Project SCM Manager for technically acceptable solutions.
· Report according to project requirement, on progress and problems on the Awards.
· Manage commercial and financial issues arising from his/her assigned subcontract or Purchase order-negotiate all Variation/change Orders and provide regular cost forecast of PO/subcontract
· Ensure SCM capitalises from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
· Take full ownership for the implementation of his/her section of the Project Procurement Plan, together with Project Management, Engineering (and/or others as appropriate and applicable)
· Support the development of the local Supply Chain Function through guidance and coaching to more junior members of the team.
· Have a good understanding of the overall technical issue and a good knowledge of the offshore industry, of its specificities, of complex items and provide support to his team as and when necessary.
Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by experience
Appropriate experience in a one or more of the Supply Chain areas of expertise, most recently in an expert capacity.
Strong leadership and ability to coach and guide more junior colleagues
Have Capabilities in line with the below matrix:
Please submit your application to Gwenael: email@example.com
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.