Mechanical Fitter - Locomotives
Our client seeks the services of a Mechanical Fitter to work on Locomotives, based in their Malaga workshop
This position requires the successful candidate to perform overhaul and repairs on Locomotive Engines and associated equipment.
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply technical drawings.
- Overhaul of Heavy Duty diesel Engines
- High level communications and interpersonal skills
- High level problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a dynamic team
- Ability and willingness to further your knowledge and skills with additional training
- High level record keeping ability.
- Knowledge and understanding of diesel/electric locomotive engines desirable
- Ability to work shifts and overtime as required
- Trade qualifications (Mechanical or suitable related disciplines).
- Previous experience working within a heavy maintenance/ asset management environment preferred.
- You will be required to pass a Medical and be subjected to random drug and alcohol testing
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.