Industrial Mechanic - Millwright
Industrial Mechanic - Millwright
Our client is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. A privately owned company, our client is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. Our client has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology, and being close to our customers to deliver exceptional service.
Our client is looking for an Industrial Mechanic in North York, ON to repair, troubleshoot, modify and improve, commission and de-commission plant equipment and building maintenance activities.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK VARIOUS SHIFTS.
- Ensure all work is being done with safety in mind
- Identify problems, troubleshoot and eliminate root cause to reduce downtime and increase throughput
- Perform assigned Preventive Maintenance and resolve issues
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Follow diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and engineering specifications
- Work with different contractors, vendors / suppliers to complete tasks/projects
- Locate source of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices/ circuits in operation; listen for problems; use precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Fabricate/ repair parts by using machine shop and welding instrumentation and equipment
- Ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and work requirements
- Anticipating equipment, parts, and supplies needs
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and establishing personal networks
- Millwright certification Preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience, preferably in Foam Manufacturing (pour line) & Foam Fabrication
- Experience with Computer Integrated Manufacturing system (CIM)
- Experience in Foam manufacturing (pour line) / Foam Fabrication environment is preferred
- Able to work in different shifts and weekends as and when required to complete project/ Task
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical theories and principles
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-technical team members in a clear manner
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management skills and able to work independently
The company is committed to employment equity. Should you require accommodation please indicate your requirements and accommodation will be made available at any stage of the recruitment process.
The company thanks all those who apply but only those whose background closely matches the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview. Candidates will be required to complete background checks.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.