Crawler Crane Operator
Our client, an EPC company, is looking for a Crawler Crane Operator.
Permanent staff position
April – May 2021
Operate and take care of the Crawler Crane onboard offshore construction vessels.
- Operate the crawler crane on deck within the designed crane load capacity, in accordance with the derating tables applicable to existing weather and sea state conditions
- Perform basket transfers where permitted and safe to do so
- Hold the Offshore Crane Operator certification (level 2 for unsupervised inboard lifts; level 3 for unsupervised offshore lifts), except for junior crane operators under training, who are not permitted to perform unsupervised lifts until the appropriate certification is obtained
- Be aware of the surroundings in terms of potential clashes with other vessel equipment
- Be aware of crane limits in terms of reach and capacity
- On vessels with multiple cranes, be aware of the interaction with other cranes and proactively intervene in order to avoid any interference during simultaneous operations
- Interact with the superiors in order to define the lifting procedures
- Report any crane equipment malfunctioning to own supervisor
- Ensure that all safe work procedures for crane lifts are adhered to
- Make daily inspection on the crane
- Carry out daily routine maintenance to the crane and the operator's cabin
- Keep a high level of housekeeping in the operator's cabin
- Liaise with 2nd Engineer/Crane Engineer/Chief Electrician/Vessel Equipment Engineer on crane maintenance and performance, in order to ensure that repairs and preventive maintenance are carried out properly
- Carry out weekly inspection of the crane in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations
- Fill up the crane log book as required for all lifts above 50 ton
- Stop the lifting activity if required on safety or technical grounds, if continuing could cause any damages or injuries
- Report to the 1st Assistant, while taking instructions directly from the Deck Foreman or 2nd Assistant during lifting operations
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction And Emergency Training (Bosiet) including HUET and CA-EBS.
- Offshore Crane Operator Level 3 (1)
Please send your application to Gwen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.