Willow - Permitting Representative
Your Responsibilities May Include:
- Assess and identify environmental and land use permit and authorization needs for the construction phase of the Willow project
- Work closely with project personnel in anticipating needs as well as identifying potential obstacles and opportunities for permitting
- Advise Willow project personnel on environmental regulatory permit and authorization needs for construction activities
- Prepare and submit applications for regulatory permits and authorizations
- Prepare and maintain forecasts and timelines for required regulatory permits and authorizations for the Willow project
- Evaluate and communicate potential impacts of regulatory permitting decisions to internal stakeholders
- Seek to maintain a balance between acceptance of responsible regulatory permit stipulations and elimination of non-value adding requirements and utilize negotiation skills to resolve
- Strive to understand potential effects of decision-making on external stakeholders
- Utilize innovation to reduce environmental impact of project activities and/or drive responsible cost reduction and workplace efficiency
- Actively support the implementation of the Intelex Permits module as the underlying platform of a robust regulatory compliance assurance program
- Cultivate and maintain good working relations with regulatory agency personnel and other key external stakeholders
- Assist with permitting and planning, as needed, and manage the associated deliverables and budgets
- Establish and maintain interdependent working relationships with Willow project discipline engineers and supporting contractors
- Foster and promote active collaboration with all subject matter experts on the broader ConocoPhillips Alaska Environmental Sustainability & Permitting team
- As needed, serve as a regulatory permitting subject matter expert spokesperson in interactions with external stakeholders
- Assist with the development of project Operational Plans, coordinating closely with Field Environmental Coordinators, and other subject matter experts.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering field
- 5+ years of experience working with environmental regulations
- 3+ years of experience in oil and gas industry
- Previous experience with Alaska North Slope facilities and projects
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel up to 10% of the time
- 5+ years of experience with NEPA permitting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with strong relationship management
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong multi-tasking capability with ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.