Our client seeks a Locomotive Maintainer to join the team (shift work) based in Parkes, New South Wales.
This role is not FIFO and does not provide accommodation.
This has to potential to be ongoing and permanent for the right candidate. The position will be primarily responsible for the maintenance, warranty and ongoing technical support of locomotives
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply technical drawings
- High level communications and interpersonal skills
- High level problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to further their knowledge and skills with additional training
- High level record keeping
- Knowledge and understanding of diesel/electric locomotive engines desirable and its associated equipment
- Troubleshooting and preventative maintenance principals
- Undertake preventative maintenance and/or repairs to all rolling stock, wagons, plant and facilities as required
- Provide recommendations to management on methods and procedures with a view to more efficient operations of the facility and maintainability of rolling stock
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on locomotives and equipment and ensure that all tasks are performed in accordance with relevant maintenance documentation.
- Provide recommendations to management on methods and procedures to improve the service and product we offer our clients
- Trade Certificate in Electrical Fitting (preferred) or Trade Certificate in Mechanical Fitter
- Previous experience on locomotives freight maintenance or service activities would be desirable.
- Previous experience within a heavy maintenance environment
- Strong previous experience and ability to fault find and utilise trouble-shooting skills.
- Certified competency as a forklift operator, overhead crane driver and/or welder would be advantageous but not essential.
- Planning and scheduling experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a hands on team player.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks, be flexible and resourceful, proactive and professional in manner with a high degree of initiative and strong communication skills.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.