Senior Network Engineer
Sr. Network Engineer
Our client is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, their modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
They are seeking to hire a Senior Network Engineer to develop and maintain functional and secure networks. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, a thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture, an passion for security and data protection.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
- Manage firewalls
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with users when needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, computer science, or management information systems
- 7 or more years of industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Professional certification preferred (e.g. CCNP, CCDP)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.